Tuesday, June 24, 2008

The Windy City


This past week my fam and I went on vacation to Chicago! We did a ton of stuff and had a great time. I really love this city. This is my third time to visit the windy city and I have decided that if I ever have to live in the north, I think i would pick to live in Chicago.

Here are a few highlights of the trip:
  • Jersey Boys- We went to see this musical and I LOVED it! The man who played Frankie Valli had the best voice that I have ever heard. The theatre was packed with old people who were loving every minute of it as well...it was great!
  • Cubs Game- On Friday, we went to the cubs game at Wrigley Field and let me tell you this was quite an experience. They were playing the White Sox (which apparently is a big deal since they both are from Chicago) and I have never seen such an intense rivalry between fans. The fans at this game were the best fans I have ever seen. Everyone was going crazy the whole game and at the end of the game it looked like a fountain was going off in the outfield from all of the beer that was being thrown everywhere.
  • Food- Chicago has some of the best food I have ever had. I have never eaten so much pizza in my life as I have in the past week, but I couldn't help myself because it was just soo good (and you all will be proud to know that i didn't even need tums).
  • Magnificent Mile- This is a strip in downtown Chicago that has the most shops I have ever seen in such a small area. There were street performers, tons of tourist, and it was really fun to experience all the shops!

Overall it was a great trip. I loved getting to spend a bunch of time with the fam before I have to move.

No comments: